Jennifer and June Gibbons: The Silent Twins
Jennifer and June Gibbons were two identical twins who were born in Barbados, 1963, then later moved to Wales with there parents. They were a very odd set of twins due to the fact that they didn’t speak or associate with anyone except for each other. The girls would often get bullied for being the quiet ones and for isolating themselves from everyone.
Both Jennifer and June started displaying even more strange behavior as years passed. The twins would speak to each other in a strange language, not familiar with anyone around them, that they could only understand. Then as the two girls started to get older, in their early teens, they would try and hurt each other. June had tried to strangle her sister with a cord and Jennifer had pushed June off a bridge. The girls also were involved in a number of arson’s. This was the breaking point for their parents and they had decided to send their twins to a psychiatric ward. The two girls were held in the mental hospital for 14 years, where they put on heaving doses of medication.
The story of June and Jennifer caught a lot of media attention. Journalist Marjorie Wallace was the only person the two girls trusted to talk to for interviews. Ms. Wallace would visit the girls at the hospital as often as possible. Then one day during an interview, June and Jennifer had told Marjorie that one of them had to leave and be gone. Confused by what they had said, Marjorie asked them what they meant by that. The two girls told her that the in order to "live their lives" and "free themselves from each other", one of them had to die. Jennifer was the volunteer.
In March 1993, Jennifer was found dead in her hospital room. She died of acute myocarditis, sudden inflammation of the heart. There was no evidence or sign of drug use and/or poison in her system. Jennifer’s cause of death remains a mystery to this day.
Eerily, after the death of her sister, June was admitted out of the psychiatric ward she was in, and later moved into a place next to her parents. She had also made friends with people around her and had left her past behind. June quotes “'I'm free at last, liberated, and at last Jennifer has given up her life for me”..
- scrappyrabbit likes this
- everydaymonstrosity likes this
- tashastarkakaironwoman reblogged this from onlymetoday
- tashastarkakaironwoman likes this
- onlymetoday reblogged this from novaktwins
- motherflaca reblogged this from novaktwins
- novaktwins reblogged this from theconductors
- sigsomething reblogged this from jigokuroi
- sigsomething likes this
- givemefoodandcallmefunny reblogged this from myself-laura
- givemefoodandcallmefunny likes this
- hp-next-gen-confessions likes this
- myself-laura reblogged this from jigokuroi
- myself-laura likes this
- rememberthecranes likes this
- notice-me-kohai reblogged this from jigokuroi
- jigokuroi reblogged this from theconductors
- mekarooch likes this
- inthepursuittofhappinessx reblogged this from theconductors
- inthepursuittofhappinessx likes this
- where-dem-sexy-boiz-at reblogged this from theconductors
- umps likes this
- pugdancer likes this
- smokingmusician reblogged this from theconductors
- smokingmusician likes this
- werekat likes this
- fiction-before-reality likes this
- snowy1love likes this
- theconductors posted this